19 February 2006

Undecided

I haven´t bought my ticket to a bloco or camarote....the bloco is a entry, acces, to go behind a big truck with an open ceiling and live music...a camarote is pretty much a balcony to watch the parade of blocos....I would like to do both. Money? About 150 dollars for each....I guess you are in Carnaval, the mais grande do Mundo, ( the biggest in the world) only once, or at least that´s how I think now. Anyways. I haven´t decided yet how to use my money. In the meantime I am meeting friends from different parts of the world. Diego is from Spain. Some years ago, he decided to come to Brasil for just two months but he will be spending his 5th Carnaval in Salvador this year. He asked me today if I already met a mininha (girl)...I said no. Tio tu estas lento! (Dude, you are slow!). It is ok. I am just trying to resolve my own things first, Portuguese, travelling, food, getting tanned...maybe go to a soccer match. Sometimes, I feel like working here so I can write more stories, but I guess for now everything is about me and walking around like a bum. Not too much to say, just that Carnaval is coming and I haven´t bought a ticket or anything like that. I went yesterday to a party where I needed to buy a shirt (abada) to get in. This shirt was sold initially for 40 reais. Last night they were selling it for 120 reais...No, thank you. Too bad I couldn´t hang out with Lais and her friends. Lais is Rosa's daughter, the lady who is renting me the room for this month. Lais and her mother Rosa are very nice, they take me everywhere to check out the places where Brazilians hang out. I like that. I don´t want to go where tourists go. I wonder if anybody can stay here or anywhere the way Diego did. There are times I feel like working for a big corporation, but sometimes, I imagine myself working on a bar in front of the beach, drinking beer and talking to the clients...is it that bad?
I didn´t see the sunset today but it felt really good to hang out with strangers that are becoming friends...I guess that is the way it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home