24 July 2006

Europe

I came to Europe through Spain. I never thought I could be here and travel around although I thought to myself that I was just completing my wish of travel for at least six months. In an rate I knew I was not to get back to work anytime soon. Being in Spain was...nice. Going to the Ramblas and some of the tourist spots, the beach, and staying at my friend' house. A friend who was my neighbor since we were fifteen in Peru. It was nice to see her and see the life she has in Barcelona. I only spent three days in Barca as the football team is known. The one which won the Champions League. I knew I wanted to finish in Germany after those three days so I hurried and bought a ticket to Barcelona, since I arrived to Madrid from Lima. My first experience as a new comer to Europe was the accurate times. I forgot i was not in Bolivia where they wait until the bus is full. This time I was on time but not in time for the train. It left at the time they said 11:32. I got to the door at 11:32 so I missed it. Hmm. I paid an extra 6 Euros to take another train at 4:30pm. This was late to arrive to Bacelona so they said they will return the money because of that. Yes!!! I said, bu to my surprise they only gave me back the 6 extra I paid for the later train, "the one at 11:32 got there on time" they said....I bought a plane ticket to Berlin and I made sure I was one hour earlier before the flight. The flight to Berlin was late though, so they made us wait one and a half hour. "Sorry about that. Have a nice flight" they said. Hmmm. I was punished for not being on time at the train station but a simple sorry was what the airline attendant gave me when they were late. "So this is my first impression of Europe". I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home