30 July 2006

Hamburg

After the game i met some French guys who were dressed with the France's uniform of the 80's (high and tight shorts) they were also wearing some red wigs. They pretended to look like Platini.One of the classic French players of those years. Streets were closed and everybody was drinking away. The one thing that surprised me was the cool police squad. They even posed with everybody for pictures. A female police officer allowed one of the french guys to give her a kiss on her cheek when the other took the picture. I met on the same block with the friend who gave me the ticket and told me she was heading to Passau the next two days with her brother and friends. So I spent the next day in Munich visiting other venues. I met the group on the train station and then left to Passau. One hour and a half south of Munich. I used this time also to relax and watch the German game against Portugal for the third place and the final between Italy and France. It was a beer garden where we went. One of my souveniers from Passau was a mark on my head done by one of the speakers that somebody tripped over. The german guy behind me got the worst part i got the rebound. Time in Passau was nice and relaxing and my friend Uta showed me around lakes, bavarian castles, and we even rode bikes to Austria for a beer. Passau is mainly a college town and sorrounded by the rivers Danou and Inn. At was surprised as the friends Uta introduced me to spoke Spanish, mainly with Argentinian accent since they were exchange students on that country. We also attended a night of classical music performed by the students of the school. I have never been transported to different emotional stages by music. This is my best definition of classical music after hearing it live for the first time.
I moved then to Hamburg to meet another friend, this time a friend from High School who I hadn't seen in nineteen years. Cecilia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home