02 August 2006

Shit happens

Today August 2 is my last day in Malmö. I meant to come here, the city across the bridge from Copenaghen (1 hour away in bus), before heading to Stockholm. Big cities can be a little tiring sometimes, perhaps I am getting a little tired of packing and looking for hostels anytime I arrive to new cities, but Malmö was nice to stop and walk around. One of the biggest attraction is the 'turning torso' building. Look it up, it is great looking and impressive. Yesterday, after i arrived I rented a locker in the central station for my backpacks. Then I went out and walked a little lighter around the city. I wouldn't be surprised if statistics show there is more women that men here, or at least I saw it that way. There are some old churches and buildings. As I was walking around i spotted a building with the sign of the International Youth hostel. I was surprised about that since the tourist information office told me the hostels and camping sites were a little away from the center of the city. this was about to blocks from the main strip of restaurants and shops. I went there and the lady told me this was their opening night. I thought, I could be part of the first customers of this hostel and sleep in a bed that nobody has slept before, a shower that nobody has used before and a toilet nobody has...you get the idea. So after pulling my International Youth hostel gold member card out (haha, no there is no gold membership) I went to the station and went back to the hostel with my bags.
I thought about going out but the rain and I being so tired decided to stay in after having a couple of bread with Nutella.
Today I walked up, went to turning torso building, it was raining still and i was deeply thinking about where other places to go in Scandinavia or if I should get a job as a waiter or something since everything is so expensive here. I went to the bus station, charged my credit card with the ticket to Stockholm for tonight at ten at night (it is 8 pm as I write this) and to walk around a little bit more. The lockers say you leave your stuff for 24 hours but they didn't say that once your take the key out you can only retrieve your stuff once. So you really don't have the 24 hours freedom they are advertising. I thought about going and complain about this misleading notice and suddenly I received a splash of feces from the sky. Some big bird dropped some extra weight it didn't need. Now I had to go, change my clothing and pay again for another 24 hours of "24 hour locker service".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home