16 August 2006

Six Months Minimo I


I got to Stockholm in the morning and after taking a look at the hung map of the city in the lobby of the bus station I walked to get a bed in some hostel.It was around 7 seven in the morning and I was feeling a little tired. Tired about packing and unpacking for the past six months. I soon realized I only wanted to hang out near the hostel and perhaps with the people there. I didn't have the energy to wonder around or go to museums or do some sightseeing, at least not on my own.I thought about getting back to the US soon. My six months were almost complete so I was happy that I made it this far. That was the third of August. Next day I made friends with Javi (from Spain), Romer and Remy (from France) so we decided to walk a bit and try to catch a boat that would take us to some of the 24,000 (no exageration) little islands of the archipelago. Only Javi and I ended up going. The young french decided to stay in the city. We went to Grinda, about two hours away but we only found campsites. The ride was nice but we thought, or I thought, it was a place to go, camp to spend the night and go back next day, not worth it to go just for a couple of hours. Later on Javi and Danny (from Holland) hit a bar and spent some krones drinking beer and pushing away a guy who insisted on being with us because he wanted to get to know our female friend from Holland, Danny. We had to be a little mean to this guy and finally he gave up. Back at the hostel we spent more time at the patio and talked to other travellers. I planned to stay only two days but I ended up extending my visit every morning for three more days. The last day I decided to move to a hostel-boat (picture). I recomend anyone who will be in Stockholm to stay here if you like hostels more than hotels or just if you want to experience it. One of the guys who works at the hostel in Copenhagen talked to me about Lapland, the northern part of Sweden, Norway and Finland. A place with mountains, rivers and lakes. Away from the city. I really wanted to go with somebody else. Only two people were interested at the Stockholm hostel but they were planning on doing it two weeks later. I thought then to give it a shot. It will be my returning point of my travels I thought. I thought about the fifteen hours between train and buses to get to Hamevan. I hesitated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home